Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Always Watching, Do We See?

::We look like hell.::
This is not the first coherent thought you want to have starting the day.
::We really look like hell.::
That's not a good one either.
Ok, back up... why do we look like hell? Oh... Right...
Flashes of memory... out with our friend Dana at a Terry's Bar and Grill... Lots of alcohol..
::How many? Huh... no clue... a lot judging by the fur on our tongue.::
Jack walks into the bar with a cute little coed wrapped around his neck like a winter scarf, a blonde winter scarf... he's supposed to be out of town on a business trip... yelling... we're yelling...
::Did we actually call him a lying, cheating, wretched excuse for a son of a bitch? Oooo... yeah we did... ouch... oh well, never did like his mother.::
Lots of crying... then more alcohol... then nothing... until...
-------------------------------------------------------------------
"I don't feel so good."
Marianne blearily inspected her reflection in the bathroom mirror. A wreck of what may have formerly been categorized as a human being blearily stared back at her. Hair that looks like she stuck her finger in an electrical socket? Check. Red, puffy eyes with bags big enough for a round-the-world voyage? Check. Makeup streaking down from the eyes and otherwise smeared across the face? Check. Red nose? Check.
She opened her mouth and looked at her tongue.
::Ew, gross.::
Fuzzy tongue? Double-check, bonus points for the pale film and the foul taste.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
::Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way. Maybe I should start with the fight instead of the morning after, but I don't remember much, alcohol effects us too. Maybe a synopsis of our relationship with Jack before that night? No, I think this is the right place, the first morning of our life PJ. Post-Jack. This is where it all began.::
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
::I need a change.::
::We need a change, distraction, something new and different.::
::Marianne, we need a change.::

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marianne splashed some cold water on her face and wiped away the last vestiges of ruined makeup with a towel. She pulled the wreckage of last night's hairdo back into a ponytail and straightened, looking squarely at her reflection in the mirror.
"I need a change," she told her reflection.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
:: Who am I you ask? I am other. The voice that whispers to the unconscious mind. I reside in the shady corners of Marianne's mind. I am part of her, as she is part of me, yet we are separate. I am her Watcher, all humans have them. I am charged to interfere only when necessary. But I must admit, I never liked Jack.



No comments:

Post a Comment